A Financial Advancement Network Club - or FAN Club - is a weekly meeting of individuals who are committed to changing their money management habits into ones that allow them to be in control of their financial situations and even their financial destinies.
FAN Clubs are groups of 5-20 people who commit to meeting on a regular basis to improve their money management habits, rectify troubled financial situations, and pursue their financial goals. Groups may be formed by those who share a place of employment, school, church or temple, an association, or a social service agency, etc.
Each FAN Club consists of six sessions for about 1 - 2 hours, conducted by an expert, on topics such as "saving for tuition," "paying down debt," "improving your credit score," or "implementing a balanced budget." FAN Clubs encourage members to speak up about their progress in reaching personal financial goals.
Once a group commits to hosting a FAN Club at a particular site, UAC trains the club host to start the club and recruit members. UAC continues to work closely with both the host and the club leaders (President and Vice President) to help make individual clubs a success.
FAN Clubs may be organized according to level, subject matter, purpose, or types of members.
- Foundations: managing a checking and savings account, creating and using a spending plan, and using and establishing good credit
- Advanced: personal financial planning, retirement planning, investing, risk management and insurance, and wills and estate planning
- Thematic: investment, credit-building, entrepreneurship, and homeownership.
FAN Club Partners:
- Mural Arts
- Hace Community Development Corporation
- Center in the Park
- NorthEast Treatment Center
- Kirkbride Center
- Mother's Home
- Center for HOPE
- Orleans Technical Institute
Start a club or learn more! Reach out to Program Manager Kalie Wertz at 215-851-1847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.